Please note, 1/19/21: Spectrum Counseling is going through some exciting changes! We will soon be adding new counselors! Please contact us if you’d like to be on our waitlist for therapy!
Welcome! We are Spectrum Counseling, and we are committed to providing affordable counseling services to diverse members of the community in Portland, Oregon. We have a special focus on clients who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual, queer, and questioning. We are poly and kink aware; you can find us listed in the directory of providers in the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom.
Our counselors have been specially trained to work with the following populations and issues:
- Individuals, couples, and families, including non-traditional families
- Children, adolescents, and young adults
- Sexual and gender identity struggles
- Gender dysphoria and gender transition
- Intersectional identities
- Families with a child who is transgender or displays gender non-conforming behaviours
- Trauma, including systemic trauma and complex trauma
- Depression and mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders, including OCD and panic disorder
- Body image issues and eating disorders
- Children or adolescents with a history of anger, violence, or acting out
- Internet and gaming addiction
- Substance abuse