I am a Licensed Professional Counselor Intern (LPCI). I hold my Master’s degree in Counseling from Indiana University, and I have several years of experience working in hospitals, residential treatment centers, group homes, community agencies, and private practice.
My experience includes:
- Individually counseling adults and teens with issues such as depression, anxiety, and grief.
- Counseling families with a child or teen in crisis who exhibited anger, self-harm, suicide attempts, acting out, and violence against others.
- Working with teens and adults cope with the symptoms of anorexia and bulimia in a residential eating disorder facility.
- Providing crisis intervention for suicidal LGBTAQQ identified youth.
- Running problem solving skills groups for children and teens.
- Working with teenagers with addiction to alcohol and drugs in a residential rehab facility.
- Teaching coping and life skills to children and teens with autism.
- Working with children with chronic physical illnesses and cancer.
- Consulting with other professionals to provide guidance on how to competently work with LGBTAQQ identified clients.